Asian Miler Turns One!
Today, Asian Miler celebrates one full year of service!
In this post, we’d like to look back at different tips, experiences and deals we’ve covered so far.
Knowing about Travel and Points
In the first few weeks, Asian Miler pointed out a few ways to make the most out of (in)frequent travel:
- What airline alliances are
- How most Asians get around the most
- Some of the stars of Star Alliance: Asiana, Krisflyer and LifeMiles
- Asia’s darling oneworld program: Asia Miles
- Underdog miles programs: Mileage Plan and Mabuhay Miles
- Stay for points: Starwood Preferred Guest (now Marriott Rewards)
- Lounging around: Priority Pass
Over the course of just a year, there were at least a dozen promotions for miles and points purchases:
- Mileage Plan bonuses: January, March, May, July and August
- LifeMiles deals: November, February, May and August
- Mabuhay Miles discounted awards in July
- SPG (now Marriott Rewards) bonuses: December, February and April
Reflections and Insights
Asian Miler also covered a few other experiences and evaluations.
- AMP is our valuation of different airline miles and hotel points.
- There are ways to find award space on Star Alliance flights.
- Mile accrual charts do change, so check them regularly.
- Don’t just earn miles, use them (enjoy First or Suites, if possible)!
It’s been a busy first year, but we’ve only started. Here’s to many more years (and miles and points) to come!